Guide to Crystal Grids
Keep in mind that the universe likes to provide us with what we need, not just what we want. If you would like it to come to fruition, it is best to focus on manifesting a need vs a want.
Crystal Grids can be used in a variety of ways: in healing, manifesting, ritual work, meditation, intention setting practices or simply as a creative endeavor.
When it comes to crystal grids, there may be many different guides on how best to do them, but I find the most powerful healing and manifesting comes when you go with your intuition. Some people create crystal grids on a cloth, board, or piece of paper with Sacred Geometry on them, as they believe this increases the power of the grid. Others like to include pieces of nature, like leaves, shells, or flowers in their grid. Don't let a lack of crystals stop you!
Many people pick crystals based on the properties that are aligned with what they would like to manifest. Others will intuitively choose what crystals to work with. If you don't have a lot to choose from, don't worry. You can still work with what you've got, it is the setting of your own intentions that is most powerful.
The possibilities are endless, and it is really important to trust in your own intuition when creating your crystal grid.
Activating your Crystal Grid
To activate a grid once it has been laid, use a crystal wand or the power of your mind to join up all the points, including the keystone. If the grid does not have connecting lines to each crystal, take the wand (or your mind) into the central point and out again, touching each crystal in turn and weaving the energy into being. Finally, place the wand on the keystone and restate your intention.
Keeping your Crystal Grid active
Some grids, like protective or transmuting, need daily checking, while outdoor grids or those set to attract abundance can happily be left alone for a week. To keep your grid active, restate your intention, cleanse the crystals if necessary, and remove or add further crystals if appropriate. But don't interfere with your grid too frequently, or you won't really give it a chance to work.
Maintain your Crystal Grid
Don't forget to cleanse your crystals frequently to remove stagnant or unwanted energies. The easiest and safest methods include:
- Smudging with incense, sage, or Palo Santo
- The use of Singing Bowls
- You can use running water, moon, or sun - but you need to be careful with these methods as they are not suitable for all crystals.
Different types of Crystal Grids
You can download the grids below, in high definition, from our Free Download page or you may order them from our Home & Altar / Grids section of our website.
The circle is the simplest form a grid can take. It's a great way to create a functional grid with a minimum number of stones. Circular grids send their energy outward into the universe in an even pattern and are often focused on integration and wholeness, such as the overall health of body, mind, and spirit.
The Circle Grids are used to:
• Ground your energy
• Circulate energy
• Create physical healing
• Integrate body, mind, and spirit
• Connect to a higher power
• Reflect on the cycles of life
The sunburst represents a halo of light around the basic shape of a circle.
You will need at least five stones to create a sunburst.
Sunburst is best used to:
• Create warmth
• Boost your body's metabolic processes
• Improve mental, emotional, or spiritual clarity
• Increase or ignite creativity
• Ignite passion
• Strengthen willpower
• Energize your career
• Create positive energy and emotions, such as joy
The Yin-Yang symbol has its roots in ancient China, It is a variation on a circle grid. Instead of one focus stone, the yin-yang grid has two.
You will need at least six crystals to create a yin-yang grid, including two focus stones.
Yin-Yang is best used to:
• Balance opposite energies in your life
• Ground Divine energy in earthly energy
• Integrate your conscious with your subconscious
• Balance and integrate body, mind, and spirit
• Recognize the illusory nature of life on the earthly plane
It begins at a center point and radiates outward and can continue indefinitely.
Requires a minimum of 7 crystals, but use as many as you wish!
Spiral is best used to:
• Spark spiritual awakening
• Outline your path as a soul
• Draw energy upward through your chakras
• Ground Divine energy by moving it down through your chakras
• Spark growing and unfolding creativity
• Outline direction for your career path
• Awaken kundalini energy
Found in Celtic and Nordic artefacts. It is known as the Celtic Knot, which is formed from three overlapping circles.
Requires a minimum of 7 crystals
Triquetra is best used to:
• Protect against negativity
• Integrate body, mind, spirit
• Understand the greater nature of reality
• Help with anxiety and stress
• Help with depression
• Break free of destructive patterns
• Get out of a rut
• Attract wealth
• Improve conditions associated with ill health or disease
Seed of Life
The Seed of Life is made of 6 overlapping circles arranged in a pattern, creating a six-petaled flower with a center point. Sometimes a seventh circle is drawn around the outside.
The seed of life requires nineteen crystals.
Seed of Life is best used to:
• Germinate new ideas
• Address fertility, reproductive, and pregnancy issues
• Create positive energy
• Connect to Divine guidance
• Connect to Source energy
• Deepen meditation
• Expand your relationships, career, or any other energy you'd like more of in your life
• Recognize the illusory nature of life on the earthly plane
It is a simple, but powerful grid.
A basic triangle requires only 4 crystals
Best used to:
• Balance elemental energies of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Ether
• Strengthen any of the elemental energies
• Complement other energy healing modalities to bring balance and harmony
• Spark creativity
• Bring balance to triads such as body, mind, and spirit
• Recognize the true essence of reality
The map of the multiverse. It is a powerful, multidimensional connector that energetically links all the dimensions.
It requires 13 crystals.
The Metatron's Cube is best used to:
• Explore the facets of consciousness and the bounds of everyday reality into the infinite
• Find divine or earthly purpose
• Assists in bringing archangel Metatron and angelic assistance
• Explore consciousness and creation
• Bring on creation, inspiration and transformation
Is a tool for personal spiritual evolution. It symbolizes fusion, unity and perfect harmony.
You can use a minimum of 10 crystals
The Merkaba is best used to:
• Create a balanced mind and a peaceful life
• Harmonize the right and left hemispheres of the brain, stimulating the pineal gland (third eye)
• Ascend spiritually
• Raise the vibration of the human energy field and/or of the planet
• Align and stabilize the chakras
• Prevent negative energy in environments
This is a Sacred geometry symbol. The Sri Yantra diagram is formed by 9 triangles that surround and radiate from the central point.
The Sri Yantra is best used to:
• Bring peace and harmony into your life
• Clear your path from all the obstacles
• Achieve a higher level of consciousness
• Attract prosperity